Oct. 3rd Lasik - WOW!!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Oct. 3rd Lasik - WOW!!

Postby amym » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Just wanted to post and let everyone know about my procedure. I went in about 1:00pm yesterday, and this morning, I just have to say WOW!
I can see REALLY well! Everything seemed to go as described in the surgery itself. Took the "V" medication as suggested. I think that helped my nerves a lot. Overall, I have to say that it was a lot easier than the dentist, but maybe I'm just extra scared of the dentist. The little clip thingy to hold your eye open was kind of creepy. I didn't find the suction part to be that bad, since it was over quickly and the Dr. kept up a count down, 15 seconds, 10 more seconds etc. I don't remember anyone mentioning that the Dr re-measured their cornea thickness after the flap was cut. I'm sure that it is standard, but I guess it made me feel a little better to know I still have over 400 remaining. The laser part was very easy.I had the Custome Vue. Since my prescription was rather low (-2.25 and -2.75 with -1.5 astigmatism) I had only 18 seconds right eye and 15 seconds left eye.
Leaving the office everything was very hazy, but I could tell immediately that I could see much better. I went home, ate a bit and took a nap for about 2 1/2 hours. I would describe my eyes at that point as feeling a bit gritty, but not at all painful. When I woke up, I did my first round of drops, and I was already seeing even better. I watched a little TV, (kind of hard with the goggles fogging up) and went to bed around nine.
This morning I am seeing even better than with my glasses or contacts. I have my follow up appointment at 10, so I will see how good it actually is. I only notice a tiny bit of halo's (red led's and white letters on a black TV screen). I do have some wicked red marks from the suction ring though. I'm glad that I knew that was normal or I would have been freaking out. My depth perception feels a bit "off" but not really any more so than when you get a new pair of glasses or contacts. Everything looks a little bigger to me for some reason as well.
So far I couldn't be more thrilled!!

Amy
amym

One day appointment

Postby amym » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:28 pm

So far everything looks good. Each eye seperately read at 20/20, but
together 20/15. I will continue the drops until Tuesday. I am so excited that I can see! I will keep up with the moisture drops as well and hope that I don't develop any major dryness issues. This board has been amazing in helping to know what to expect, and to hear about "regular" peoples experiences. Thank you to all!!!!
amym

Postby lvziggy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:22 pm

a- its awesome to hear from people who have good experiences with lasik. Happy eyes!

~Alison
lvziggy

One month follow up

Postby amym » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:13 pm

Another update and all is well. I am seeing 20/15 in both eyes, better than I ever did with my glasses or contacts. No dryness issues thank goodness, but I am still using the moisture drops a couple times a day, especially when using the computer. I also would agree with the reccomendation to try different brands of drops. I find that the Refresh drops left a lot of crystalline "gunk" behind, my favorites have been generic "Kroger store brand" they seem to have versions with the same ingredients as several of the major brands for much cheaper. ($6.99 for 35 vials of preservative free) The only difficulty I seem to have is a feeling of "tired" eyes after a long day, and sometimes a bit of a delay in changing focus from near to far, but that is improving. I did lose my "microscopic" close up vision, (for example in the shower, I can no longer clearly see my underarms when I go to shave them...but I can see my legs and the grunge in the corner of the tub :) I do not really find it to be a problem for everyday tasks though. My only wish is that I had done it sooner. Thanks again to all for all the valuable information!
amym

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Congratulations on your excellent outcome!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It