Red Eyes

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Red Eyes

Postby rjr3790 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:24 pm

I had LASEK done on both eyes on August 18th and i am happy with my results since i have 20/20 vision and the halos/glare is slowly diminishing each day.

However, my eyes are usually ALWAYS red. Sometimes it gets so bad that it looks like bloodshot. People always ask if i am tired or if something is wrong with my eyes. I am still using the artificial tears and i have used Visine and Clear Eyes redness relief. Those only work temporarily (30 mins at best) but the redness comes back.

My eyes do not bother me and it is not irritated. I wonder if it's a genetic defect that my eyes are just made to be red. I see other people's eyes and it looks so bright and colorful without a hint of redness.

Is there anything i can use or do to help relieve redness?

-Frustrated person
rjr3790

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:11 am

The fact that artificial tears temporarily reduce or remove the red eyes indicates that you do have a surgery induced dry eye problem. Let your doctor know of the difficulties and read our article about dry eye treatment.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby sere1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:56 am

My right eye used to do that on occasion if I hadn't slept well (or enough) the night before. Hardly ever my left, which seemed kind of strange. Although it didn't usually feel dry, I would drench it in tears a couple of times over the first few hours of the day and that would take care of it.
It sounds like your eyes are worse off than mine were, dryness-wise--ask your doctor about using a nighttime gel like RefreshPM or something stronger--maybe that will help a little.
Best of luck!
sere1

Return to Just Had It