Intralase LASIK done on Oct 4

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Intralase LASIK done on Oct 4

Postby DorsalPhin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:17 am

Hi everyone! Just thought I would finally introduce myself to the group. I found this forum the night before my surgery and couldn't help but be scared from all the stories I read. Although I decided to have it done anyway, and I wouldn't change it! I LOVE my new eyes :)

My scrip was R -0.50 x -2.25 x 105 & L -0.75 x -2.25 x 054. Cornea thickness of 558 on R and 574 on L. I am now seeing 20/10.

A little background about myself, I am 24 years old and have an 8 month old son. His new favorite thing to do was pull my glasses off of my face and throw them on the ground. Thats when I decided I need to look at different options. My eye doc suggested I go to a LASIK consultation and see if I was able to have it done. I went the next day to my consultation and found out I was an excellent candidate for the custom intralase. I talked it over with all my family members and not one of them thought I should do it - "too many risks involved and too much money." So I did some research, contacted the doctor that would be doing my surgery and asked some questions. I decided that I wanted it done, so I went ahead and scheduled my surgery for a month and a half later.

Being 5 days post-op, I am SO excited to see the amazing results. I haven't had any problems as of yet, and don't expect to see any. The price of my procedure ($4740 for both eyes) was TOTALLY worth it! I would do it again in a heart beat. Everyone has asked me how my surgery went, and I can't help but encourage others to have the LASIK done.
DorsalPhin

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 am

Congratulations on your excellent outcome.

Although a relatively small percentage of people have Lasik complications, a relative large percentage of those who have Lasik complications use the Internet to research their problem and often find this forum. That makes a rather skewed representation, but complications are important too!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It