Farsighted with astigmatism experiences

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Farsighted with astigmatism experiences

Postby damaged58 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:08 am

I am considering Lasik and was curious of other peoples experiences with Lasik when farsighted with astigmatism good, bad, or otherwise.
damaged58

Postby Mikewas+4 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 am

Well do you know how farsighted you are? How much astigmatism? That,s important to know.
I had lasik with intralase on 9-28 and I'd have to say that I can definitly see better but to be honest there is a lot of room for improvement.
I was a +4.25 in both eyes with a slight astigmatism. After my follow-up last week the doctor was concerned that my left eye was a +1 with astigmatism 90 degrees opposite from it's original condition. I could really notice it looking into the mirror during the eye chart test. I didn't do well at all on the eye chart with either eye but the left eye was worse. The "O" looked like a "Q" because I was seeing double vision from the astigmatism.
My doctor used the VISX 4 laser with wavefront mapping. He has 20,000+ surgeries so I felt he was qualified. Price was $3500
More then likley you will see better to the point where you won't need glasses or contacts. But don't expect prefection because it's very rare that they'll get it "just right".
Mikewas+4

Return to Just Had It