2 1/2 weeks post-surgery questions

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2 1/2 weeks post-surgery questions

Postby Waiting » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:19 pm

I have been reviewing the posts here and really appreciate the information. I had my Lasik surgery on Oct. 5. The check up the next day was 20/20 but now my right eye is significantly better than my left eye. My left eye is drier, more blurry and is slightly painful. Is all of this "normal" and will my vision in my left eye eventually catch up with my right eye? The disparity is tiring and is causing alot of visual strain.

Thanks!
Waiting

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:50 am

It is common for one eye to respond differently than the other. Your sympoms have all the hallmarks of Lasik induced temporary dry eye that is apparently affecting one eye more than the other.

Dry eye after Lasik commonly resolves within the normal six month healing period. Treatment and management of the dry eye is very important to your recovery and will affect the clarity of your vision. Be sure to keep your doctor informed of your difficulties.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Update 4 weeks post-surgery

Postby Waiting » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi,
I wanted to update my comments after an additional week and a half of recovery. As you mentioned (kind LasikExpert!), more eye drops seem to be helping immensely with the discomfort with my left eye. My check up with the doctor 3 days ago showed that all is healing perfectly, my vision is 20/20 in my right eye and 20/30 in my left. I should mention that I started out at -10 in each eye.
I can now see clearly enough - with little or no blurriness - to read and type at the computer. Distances are slower in coming into clarity. I still have days when my eyes are red and tired by 6 pm and VERY dry first thing in the morning......but I'm doing considerably better.
My doctor said, because I started out with such poor vision, that it may take up to 10 months post-surgery for my eyes to settle.
So......as mentioned multiple times before on this board.....patience is the name of the game!
Thank you for your comforting comments!
Waiting

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 pm

I'm glad that our information was helpful, and thank you for returning to tell us of the chagnes with more dry eye management.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Re: Update 4 weeks post-surgery

Postby Quantum » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi all ;-)

I had LASIK on November, 12th and have now almost exactly the same "symptoms" as you do. I freaked out just after the surgery -- until then I only read about the "two day miracles"... my surgeon revealed after 4 days, on the phone, nothing more but "just keep using teardrops and all will be fine", which was not as comforting as I hoped it to be.
I'm very lucky (and reassured!) that I found this forum!! Now I know I should let it heal naturally and gradually... for months if necessary.
I would want to call upon everyone who had any type of LASER-correction, to ask their surgeons to be more accurate when patients ask for information! Mine reported the risks (and of course I had to sign an Informed Consent Form) but IMHO this is NOT enough!! Nobody benefits from uncertainty feelings, and after all it's our eyes we're talking about.

Greetings :-)
Quantum

Postby allyklima » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi all,
I had my surgery on 8th November. I started on -6 on the left one and -7 on the right one. Cylinders (i found out from my doc who I was seeing for 5 years) were 0.25. After surgery pain was fine, I could handle,just little burning and dry eyes specially in the morning but drops helped. After almost 3 weeks I can see almost clearly on my left eye, but very unclear on my right one. When I went for check up after 10 days they told me that right one is little bit not healed, but they said it's gonna be better after a certain time. Today I went to see my doctor for 5 years and they told me after they checked that left one is fine, but right one has +1.5 and cylinder -3.5 ... that's the reason I cannot see clearly... is this situation normal or I should worry that maybe I will need another surgery? What do you think?
Thanks a lot!!
allyklima

Return to Just Had It