2 weeks post- It's just AWESOME !!!!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

2 weeks post- It's just AWESOME !!!!

Postby lalley1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 am

I'm so happy! Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op. The computer has been the hardest part, but has gotten better with time. Office lights are not my friend, but natural light is AMAZING!

The procedure was just great (not the valium talking! haha) - and just the next morning before my next-day 9am dr appt, I woke up and could SEE!!!
It was so exciting!!

The first week was hard. Hazy, tired, dry eyes. I'm sure the Rx drops had something to do with that for the 1st 5 days. Work was just hard b/c of the computer. Wow! We don't realize how much we use the computer!
I would come homel put drops in my eyes, close them and just rest.

During work, time looking away and breaks to take walks have been helpful. I bought some great new shades (1st time EVER!) and I'm still using my Optive drops every 2 hrs. My next dr appt is in 3 weeks, Nov10.

Last weekend was my 1 week post-op and the dr said the irritation in my right eye was a rough edge on the corneal flap (intralase). He offered to smooth it out and I said SURE !!! So that's helped but my eyes still hurt just a little bit.
Not sure if that's normal.

Anyways, I'm just thrilled. I've wanted to thank this forum for 2 weeks now, but was told to stay off of the computer as much as possible,, so I did.

ii ( 2 eyes)
(formerly iiii -- four eyes)
lalley1

Postby lalley1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 am

20/20 and 20/25 post op after 1 week. I was thrilled by the way!
lalley1

Postby sere1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 am

Congrats on your new eyes!
It sounds like you had microstriae--not common, but not completely unusual. I'm glad things went well for you. :)
sere1

Postby lalley1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks. My vision was -4.5 before lasik. It's just amazing and I'm so happy.
lalley1

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Congratulations and thanks for reporting your outcome!
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It