Also, one more question...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Also, one more question...

Postby grumpyteach » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:16 am

My doc gave me some contacts to wear until I get my enhancement... I have driving vision but he just gave them to me if I want crystal clear vision...

Are the contacts (soft) going to cause any type of damage or reshape the cornea in any way? I know I will have to take them out some weeks before the enhancement, but are they okay in the meantime?

And, if the refractive error is going to by itself improve at all, will wearing contacts impede this? ie will my eyes start to 'rely' on the contacts?

Thanks again :)
grumpyteach

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:04 pm

It is not likely that your eyes will be negatively affected by wearing corrective lenses. For some people there may be some accommodation issues (change of focus to near objects), but this would likely resolve when the correction is changed.

Even soft contact lenses can reshape the cornea. This can provide vision that is superior to glasses. The effects on the cornea will resolve after a few days to weeks without wearing contacts. Measurements for enhancement surgery will be taken after the corneas have returned to their normalized state.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It