Multifocal lens replacement

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Multifocal lens replacement

Postby Olumpy1 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Having a tough time. Vision is blurred but I am seeing blurring in half the eye. Only suggestion is to go take out what I have and go back to glasses. Not excited about that.
Olumpy1

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:09 pm

A multifocal intraocular lens (IOL) like the ReSTOR or ReZoom does not always provide the vision clarity sought. Please explain in greater detail your blurred vision, as I'm not certain what is meant by "blurring in half the eye".

Which IOL did you have implanted?
When did you have surgery?
What is your age?
Are you able to see clearly at any distance (near, mid, far)?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Olumpy1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Right eye Restor. Placement on Sept 12th. I have had huge problems adjusting to this lens due to poor vision and constant flashing. The physician gave me some Acular ls last week to try and it has helped the flashing sensation. I am hoping my vision gets better. My vision in this eye is not consistant. Some days better than others. The flashing was making me crazy.

Left eye Crystalens. PLacement on Sept 19th. It has not been clear from the start. I have a prism effect on the left corner and lower edge of the lens. This means I see double in those areas. I have to wear glasses for distance at night as my sight is worse in low light areas. I get a bad reflection on this eye with any light. I have a blurry area in a half moon shape on half this eye. I also have a sensation that there is something on my eye that catches my lower lid on the left lower side. The Acular ls has also helped this sensation as well.

I am 46 years old and only had this surgery because I hated trying to go from a computer to small print. I had 20/15 distance vision and 1.50 near vision correction. I have been very concerned about loosing my great distance vision. All levels of vision are not clear, but I am told that it will improve. I am told I will have to get used to half my eye being blurred and double or remove the lens.
Olumpy1

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:22 am

Olumpy1,

Is the flashing you describe throughout your field of vision, like a spotlight in your face, or is it more like an arc that catches a portion of your visual field?

Acular, is a non-steriodal anti-inflammatory (NSAID). It appears that you have an inflammation. In addition to the apparent inflammation, your pupils are apparently large enough that you are getting light on the edge of the IOLs. IOL edge glare can cause arcs and even flashing.

The ReSTOR lens is very pupil size sensitive. The multifocal rings provide focused vision at a different distance if the pupils are small than if the pupils are large. Fluctuating pupil size (light, medications, focusing) can provided moments of clarity.

By prism effect I am assumming that you mean white light presenting as seperate colors off of the Crystalens.

Your situation is more complicated than can be well discussed on a forum like this. I would like you to give me a call. I will be attending a medical conference next week and I'll be able to discuss your situation with the experts of the Crystalens and ReSTOR. Our number is 1-800-USA-EYES, or 800-872-3937. If you get my voice mail listen to the message. It tells you how to have your call patched through to my mobile.

I'm in the Pacific time zone.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It