PRK- 2nd day and my right eye went completly blurry...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK- 2nd day and my right eye went completly blurry...

Postby houstonman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Can someone tell me if this is normal or if this has happend to them? I woke up around noon and left eye was crystal clear and right eye was very blurry. I didnt wear the shield to sleep and woke up on right side of face. dont remember if my eye was on pillow or not. I went to doc and they said all looked well... my right eye just seemed a bit inflamed. they upped my drops to every 2 hrs for the omni pred.

Let me know if this is normal. Its so blurry i cant even see the letters as I type with right eye. thanks
houstonman

Postby MamaBean » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Sounds like a similar experience to mine. I wasn't given eye shields to wear at night, though. Immediately after the contacts were removed, my right eye was clear and my left eye went extremely blurry. The astigmatism was pretty bad in my left. If I tried to look at the computer screen with only my left eye, I couldn't even read it. My doctor said it is not unusual for one eye to be worse than the other. My left eye stayed that way for about three weeks, although the astimatism fluctuated up and down slightly. Be patient, it does get better. At a month after my PRK, my left eye is now clear.
MamaBean

Postby houstonman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. im really scared about not being able to see out of the right eye. I soooo hope this is cleared by tomorrow. I will keep you updated.
houstonman

should be OK

Postby komobu » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:51 am

It sounds like what I experienced. I could not see much the 2nd and 3rd day, it was really cloudy and blurry. FYI I would be using the eye shield while sleeping if I were you. Better safe than sorry.
komobu

Re: should be OK

Postby houstonman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:56 am

komobu wrote:It sounds like what I experienced. I could not see much the 2nd and 3rd day, it was really cloudy and blurry. FYI I would be using the eye shield while sleeping if I were you. Better safe than sorry.

I gave up on those... i hate em.
houstonman

Return to Just Had It