How much did it cost for you?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

How much did it cost for you?

Postby eggroll » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:01 am

Hello everyone! i am new to this site, and i'm considering for lasik surgery. i was just wondering how much did you guys spend for your surgery? what type of surgery did you get? (lasik, intralace, custom etc..) and any complications after your surgery?
i know the cost should be considered secondary, but i was just currious that is it really "you get what you paid for?" i'm also trying to save my money for this, and i haven't decided how much i'm willing to spend.
:?
hope i can get some replies, thnx!
eggroll

Re: How much did it cost for you?

Postby houstonman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:51 am

eggroll wrote: Hello everyone! i am new to this site, and i'm considering for lasik surgery. i was just wondering how much did you guys spend for your surgery? what type of surgery did you get? (lasik, intralace, custom etc..) and any complications after your surgery?
i know the cost should be considered secondary, but i was just currious that is it really "you get what you paid for?" i'm also trying to save my money for this, and i haven't decided how much i'm willing to spend.

I went to 3 places

1st one was 4500

2nd doc which this site referd to was 4490

and my last doc which is the best in the southern region from what I know was 5,960

I had no problem paying for the last doc cause he was the best and even lasik doctors go to him to have eyes done. I chose to go with PRK procedure but intralase was the same price.
houstonman

Re: How much did it cost for you?

Postby dan-girls » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:38 pm

eggroll wrote: Hello everyone! i am new to this site, and i'm considering for lasik surgery. i was just wondering how much did you guys spend for your surgery? what type of surgery did you get? (lasik, intralace, custom etc..) and any complications after your surgery?
:lol: Hi I wend to two eye surgeons. I live in the NJ. My eye sight was really bad -10.00 in both eyes. The first doctor did my sisters eyes,but they would not touch me with a ten foot pole. The second is one of the top in NJ he is also one of the most expensive. He said he could do custom lasik for 5,500 complete. I chose him because of his experience. I am not 7 months out with custom lasik, I had my check up yesterday. Vision in right 20/30 vision in left 20/20. I am satisfied with the results. I did see alittle bit bette with my contacts. But I happy so far. Hope that helps
dan-girls

Postby eggroll » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:13 am

thanks guys! i scheduled my consultation at a place called Laser eye center (southern Cali), i hope this place is good, i can't wait to be able to see things without my glasses!!! oh yea, one more thing... did you guys pay all in full, or had some kind of payment plan? is the intrest rate usually high?
eggroll

Postby Armand » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:28 am

After a 15% discount under my insurance, $2700 for both eyes. Monovision procedure, 1 year followup and lifetime enhancement if necessary. [A national chain] was my choice of two as [a regional clinic] was twice the price. So far, after 2 months, I would do it again in an eye blink. No pun intended....

Note: Doctor and clinic names were redacted.
Armand

Postby eggroll » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 am

since i'm a poor college student, i hope i don't have to spend over $3000. :p
eggroll

Postby Remander » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 am

$3,300 total for Custom Vue Lasik on both eyes one year ago. I think the same doc is charging a bit less now.

Here is my story, including the free enhancement: http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... .php?t=820
Remander

Return to Just Had It