How do i tell the difference between epithelial and DLK?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

How do i tell the difference between epithelial and DLK?

Postby lmj27 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:07 pm

I have one or the other, the dr who examined would not tell me what exactly had, just cells get under flap. I will revisit the surgeon on Monday. I had been for an emergency visit for symptoms, they treated as dry eye with restasys and plug. When still complaining was told they did all could do, then for my month follow up, it was something that was found. I am a month+ post op for an enhancement, constantly feel like something lumpy in my eye and feels like vaseline, vision not clear.
lmj27

Postby allyklima » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi,
i might have the same problem as you. Vision on my right eye is not clear as well, i'm 3 weeks after surg. The thing is that it's showing that my astigmatismus grew from -0.25 to -3.5 ... i have no idea what's going on... what about your "numbers"..?
allyklima

Dont have numbers

Postby lmj27 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

I dont have my numbers, they won't even tell me what it is as far as the Epithelial or DLK. Only know it is a complication from the enhancement and will have to have more surgery. Problem is that I am at the stage where permanent vision loss and scarring will occur because they waited and misdiagnosed. I don't feel like will get a straight answer because the Dr fear a lawsuit.
lmj27

Re: How do i tell the difference between epithelial and DLK?

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:07 pm

You need to insist that your doctor tell you in clear and understandable terms exactly what is the problem, the prognosis, and the treatment plan. There is a big difference between Diffuse Lamellar Keratitis (DLK) and epithelial ingrowth.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It