LASEK on 11/9

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

LASEK on 11/9

Postby Finley07 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:16 pm

I had Lasek on 11/9 and am still seeing double vision and realy I don't fele there is any improvement in my vision. All I see is blur and double. In the morning it seems better and I can see prety clear for about 30 minutes and then it goes back. Does anyone know if this is normal? The place where I had it done really won't answer my questions and states that this can happen. Well I am getting really ticked by that answr. If anyone has gone through this please let me know because I am fearing this was my worst decision ever made. (sorry for any misspeelled words as it is very difficult to read.)
Finley07

Re: LASEK on 11/9

Postby houstonman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:30 am

Finley07 wrote:I had Lasek on 11/9 and am still seeing double vision and realy I don't fele there is any improvement in my vision. All I see is blur and double. In the morning it seems better and I can see prety clear for about 30 minutes and then it goes back. Does anyone know if this is normal? The place where I had it done really won't answer my questions and states that this can happen. Well I am getting really ticked by that answr. If anyone has gone through this please let me know because I am fearing this was my worst decision ever made. (sorry for any misspeelled words as it is very difficult to read.)

sounds like you need to stop being a negative Nancey. You are not even a month into the process... give it time. PRK and Lasik both take anywhere from 3-6 months for perfect results. you still have a ways to go before things will be where you want them. Just be patient.
houstonman

Postby Finley07 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Thank you for your response Houstonman. I may be negative but you are the only person to tell me that this is normal. The place I had my surgery told me my vision would be great just like the LASIK results shortly after surgery (like a week). No one there seems to be conerned or wanting to answer my questions which leads me to more frustration. So I do appreciate your feedback and will try to be more positive.
Finley07

My 2 cents

Postby Blindbat2007 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:02 pm

I am considering Lasek. In fact the surgery is scheduled for Dec 6, 2007. I have read a great deal of posts concerning the outcome of Lasek. They all eventually see razor sharp after around 3-6 months. They all show the same impatience and frustration as you. You are perfectly within your right to question and complain about the results. I don't think you are being negative. You are on the right website to get some answers.

How is your vision to date?
Blindbat2007

Re: My 2 cents

Postby Finley07 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Blindbat2007 wrote:I am considering Lasek. In fact the surgery is scheduled for Dec 6, 2007. I have read a great deal of posts concerning the outcome of Lasek. They all eventually see razor sharp after around 3-6 months. They all show the same impatience and frustration as you. You are perfectly within your right to question and complain about the results. I don't think you are being negative. You are on the right website to get some answers.

How is your vision to date?

I am heading to my eye doctor (not the one that did the suguery) today to see if my results are "normal". I would say my vision hasn't really improved since surgery. I know I can't read the big E on an eye chart still so I am unhappy with the resultsl. I am trying to have a better attitude but am upset that the center never really explained how much longer Lasek is to heal. They told me maybe an extra week.

Good luck on your surgery and as long as you know what you are in for I think you will feel better.
Finley07

Just had it done

Postby Blindbat2007 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm

Well, I had it done yesterday, Dec 6.
I am experiencing what feels like a metal filing in my left eye. Wow, does it feel uncomfortable! My right eye seems to be doing fine. I put the tetracaine drops in my left and it immediately numbs it up. Thank God for that. I can't commet on my results yet as I am barely 24 hours post op, but I can tell my vision is better, although blurry.
Keep me posted on your results. I'm pulling for ya.
Troy
Blindbat2007

Postby iwitness45 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:39 pm

LASIK was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. [My doctor] well his a surgeon at [clinic] is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help.

Note: Doctor and clnic name redacted.
iwitness45

Return to Just Had It