Had SupraLase Monovision Correction on Nov. 29, 2007

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had SupraLase Monovision Correction on Nov. 29, 2007

Postby agent99bm » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:38 am

I had SupraLase Monovision correction on November 29, 2007. I was in and out of the doctor's office in about an hour. The staff was very comforting during my surgery. I remember seeing a bright light and smelling something burning. I wasn't concerned by this. However, I did feel slightly nauseous and was glad when it was all over. I ate breakfast shortly before leaving for my surgery and think that was a mistake.

Day 1, my eyes were very painful and sensitive to light. I left the dr's office and went straight to bed. I slept off and on until the next morning (Friday) when I went for my first post op visit. My vision on day 2 was 20/25 in my left eye and 20/40 in my dominant rght eye. I returned home and again slept most of the day until my second post op visit on Saturday. (Of course, I had a regimen of drops and pain pills I took during this time).

Day 3 (Saturday), I went to the doctor for my second post op visit. My vision was blurrier and still sensitive to light but less so. The pain had stopped earlier that mornig. My vision was left 20/40 and right 20/100. The doctor said this is to be expected. He instructed me to remove the bandage contacts on Sunday evening.

It is Sunday and I'm looking forward to removing the bandage contacts this evening. My vision today has steadily improved throughout the day, although I expect it to get worse when I remove the bandage contacts.

My next post op is Tuesday. I'm very pleased so far and optimistic about achieving perfect vision. I'll post again Tuesday.
agent99bm

Return to Just Had It