Returning to contact-sports after LASIK?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Returning to contact-sports after LASIK?

Postby Mr Blonde » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:35 am

Does anybody know:

How long do most doctors recommend staying away from contact sports after LASIK? This is one thing I never got to go over with my doctor.

It will have been one whole month tomorrow since I had my Custom bladeless LASIK procedure done. I used to take martial arts courses before I had the procedure, and some parts of the classes involved boxing and contact to the face. Now I'm not even sure if I'll ever be cleared for this type of activity-I'm not familiar with the norms when it comes to these sorts of things (I know, this is something I should have investigated beforehand). Even if I can't, I just don't want to fear for my eyes 24/7 thinking that I could be walking down the street and some lowlife decides to punch me in the eye, and I could screw up the flap or something. I'm not sure how much force it would take to do any damage to the flap.
Mr Blonde

Postby aaa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:07 am

My doctor said no contact sport for 4 weeks. But I guess it also depends on what type of sport.
aaa

Postby floatanddry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:34 pm

You should check with your doctor on this.

Did you tell you doctor that this is a recreation sport of yours? If you did, I'm surprised that PRK or other surface technique was not recommended.
floatanddry

Return to Just Had It