Just Had Lasik - A week still blurry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just Had Lasik - A week still blurry

Postby fz105 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm

I got my surgery on 12/1 and it's been over a week since.

My vision is still blurry. Don't get me wrong, my vision was terrible and I can see so much better now without my glasses then i could even hope for before. It's still blurry in the distance. Most noticeable while driving and watching TV.

Post op, 2 days after surgery, i had 20/30. Ever since then, my vision has gotten crisper but still not clearer.

I read several posts in the form and it seems that most people that have 20/20 had 20/20 since their initial post-op checkup. So does that mean that since i was 20/30 that it will remain 20/30? Will i need another procedure?

A bit worried...
fz105

Re: Just Had Lasik - A week still blurry

Postby houstonman » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:10 pm

fz105 wrote:I got my surgery on 12/1 and it's been over a week since.

My vision is still blurry. Don't get me wrong, my vision was terrible and I can see so much better now without my glasses then i could even hope for before. It's still blurry in the distance. Most noticeable while driving and watching TV.

Post op, 2 days after surgery, i had 20/30. Ever since then, my vision has gotten crisper but still not clearer.

I read several posts in the form and it seems that most people that have 20/20 had 20/20 since their initial post-op checkup. So does that mean that since i was 20/30 that it will remain 20/30? Will i need another procedure?

A bit worried...

Well if you have done your research, you would understand that these things take time. Its not going to be over night to see results. Like someone once put it... its like watching hair grow. Its something that happens over time and before you know it your like "whoa this is awesome" Just be patient. Full lasik results have always been said to be 6 months. Your 1 week into it lol. PATIENCE IS KEY!
houstonman

Postby fz105 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:53 pm

ha...

I know I should be patient, but it's hard to be patient especially when my brother had it done 2 weeks before me and after a week he was 20/20.

I was hoping someone would respond, with a similar story...and could give me some reassure that it'd be 20/20 eventually.

But thank you houstonman, I'll try to be more patient
fz105

Update

Postby fz105 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:01 pm

So after my last visit, my doctor told me that they under corrected my sight and that I'd need to get an "adjustment". I'll be going in tomorrow for that (on the 11th of march)

After 3 months, my eye sight didn't get any better then the days after my initial surgery. Don't get me wrong, it's a whole a lot better then it was before, its just not all that clear. It was never 20/20 rather it was was somewhere between 20/30 to 20/25. I have trouble reading street signs or reading text off a TV screen.

Here's looking to better results. I'll try post an update after my surgery.

--fz105
fz105

Postby fz105 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 pm

So I just got my operation done on Tuesday, and now i can see. The Morning after my operation, i was amazed how crisp i could see.

I see perfect 20/20 now, verified by my doctor after my follow-up visit the following day.

So I leave this post as a reference to anyone that, like me, isn't seeing 20/20 after their initial correction surgery. I'd say, firstly be patient, indeed the vision gets sharper and sharper as the time goes on. But if you still have issues, like myself, then its possible that you might need to get an additional"adjustment" surgery...usually done after 3 months.

--Fraz
fz105

Return to Just Had It