IntraLase 12/6/2007 - amazing!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

IntraLase 12/6/2007 - amazing!

Postby levster » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 am

Hi - thought I would share my IntraLase experience so far.

Surgery day 1 - The procedure itself was interesting. You read and speak to people but until you have it done.... well I will try here to give my description of events. The initial part where they put the pressure ring on your eye so the laser can cut the flap, was the worst of it. Mind you, it was not at all painful, just uncomfortable -- thankfully short lived discomfort. Then moved over to the other laser for the excimer to do its thing. This part was like Alice in Wonderland! It was like this for me - it was like the work the doctor was doing was to me with my glasses on - and all the work was being done to my glasses not my eye! I guess since I couldn't feel anything and what I could see was like I was looking through my glasses, with someone putting water on them, touching them with who knows what.... it was interesting to say the least, but not at all painful. Within 15 or so minutes it was all over. Sat up, opened my eyes and it was like looking through a translucent piece of plexi-glass. Hazy, a bit blurry but not painful... oddly cool since what I could see, I COULD SEE!! I then went home and did what was suggested and took a nap. Unfortunately the phone kept ringing with friends/family wanting to know how I was doing. Each time I woke up, the burning sensation increased. This was again uncomfortable but not horribly painful. And the watering of the eyes!! geez thought it would never stop! Well it did. About 5 or so hours after the surgery when I was awake for an hour it subsided and I was able to open my eyes a bit more than the watery slits. I even got myself together, stuck my sunglasses on and went out to dinner with some friends! So overall, I was a happy camper.

Day 2 - I probably could have driven to the follow up appt but I didn't. I had 20/20 in my left and 20/25 in my right! Amazing! Before the surgery I was about a -5.50 and -5.75 with an astigmatism. I had a bit of inflammation in one eye (the 20/20 one!!) so they changed my steriod drops and I then had to go back again the next day for them to check the eyes again. No issues really on the second day. Drove back home from the appt and spent the day a bit blurry but out shopping!

Day 3 - OK got the green light! Inflammation gone! and I now don't have to go back for 3 weeks.

Its now Day 6 and yes, my vision varies during the day. I find my eyes get tired easier and are a bit dry but not bad. I started using the lubricant gel at night which seemed to be better for those middle of the night wake up calls - and with the gel, my eyes didn't feel like little raisins in my head! During the day, I use the regular Tears, which help for brief periods, but no real issues there.

I will continue to post my progress if anyone is interested. But so far, I am really pleased and cannot wait till they stabilize -- just in time to go to the beach/pool and be able to see for the first time! (I have been wearing glasses since I was 5)

Well hope this was helpful and if anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer!

:D
levster

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:07 am

Congrats! Yes, keep us informed. Many people will benefit from your experience.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Remander » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:33 am

Congrats! Keep posting.

It has been a year for me, and I still like to read about other folks' experiences. I know it is especially helpful for those who are considering Lasik or who have recently had it.
Remander

Return to Just Had It