Reading glasses??

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Reading glasses??

Postby travellingred » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:26 am

Hello all,I have just had Lasik and am very happy with the results, I am now 20/20 in both eyes which is an amazing feeling!!

Just a questionabout reading glasses. Is it advisable to wear thm after sugery for computer work and reading to mak sure your eyes don't regress? I had my surgery performed in Japan and the doctor here said it would be, just wonderedif anyone else does or has heard the same thing?

Many thanks :D
travellingred

Postby yawny » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:29 am

I am not sure that this will necessarily prevent regression, which may happen anyway, but if they help and you need them, you should wear them to prevent eye strain. I wear readers just for the computer, otherwise I get a headache after a while from eye strain.
yawny

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 am

Using reading glasses will not affect the regression of the cornea after Lasik. If you are having Lasik eye strain related issues, then reading glasses may be helpful as your eyes adjust to the new range of vision.

As a general rule, glasses that improve your vision will not harm your Lasik.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It