Just had CustomVue Lasek Dec 6,2007 :)

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had CustomVue Lasek Dec 6,2007 :)

Postby Blindbat2007 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:32 am

Only 8 days post op and can already see 20/20 in left eye. I was 20/400 previously. My right eye is still catching up. If you want day by day recovery records, let me know and I'll post it.

Yeah, you get the pain and irritation the first 3 days, but if you have it done by Dr. [redacted] you're going to see great results. Pun intended. He has a great staff and well qualified with too large a number of surgeries to count. Nobody I have talked to who has had the surgery performed by him has had any of the post op complaints mentioned all over this forum.

So come to Huntsville, AL and visit the [redacted]. Quit reading all these problems people are having with their eyes and their doctors. Make the trip here, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Note: The doctor and clinic name was redacted.
Blindbat2007

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:57 am

Please post your recovery information. This is very helpful to other readers, however we do not allow the names of doctors or facilites. Anyone who wants to contact you about your choice of doctor can email you directly.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Remander » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 am

Congratulations! I look forward to reading about your progress.
Remander

My CutomVue Lasek Recovery

Postby Blindbat2007 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:08 pm

First, Sorry Glenn. I did not know about posting doctors names or facilities on the website. I'm sure it says it somewhere, but was too excited to read all terms or conditions.

Day 1: Post Surgery Dec 6, 2007 1:30pm CST
Burning or scratchy sensation in both eyes. Lots of tears, couldn't open eyes until about 3:00 pm. Scratchy sensation subsided enough for me to open my eyes and get the post op, prescription eye drops in. Kept eyes closed all day to assist with the healing process. Just suck it up folks, you have to get through his part to receive the benefits.

Day 2
Woke up to a sensation similar to a metal object in my left eye. Very painful, but I was able to get the tetracaine drops in which numbed it up almost immediately. Keep those drops handy! No irritation in my right eye.
Applied all prescription eye drops. Log it everytime you put it in so you can keep up with it. There were 4 different eye drops I had to keep up with.

Day 3
Same kind of pain in my left eye. Tetracaine please! I had to use tetracaine a total of 4 times during the first 3 days post op. Don't use it every hour or even every two hours. It can slow down the healing process. You're going to have to suck it up the first 3 days. Just close your eyes and ride it out.

Day 4
No more pain in either eye. Right eye was clearing up to the point where I could see the ticker tape rolling while watching CNN. Left eye could not.

Day 5
Right eye is getting better with each passing hour. So it seemed. Left eye has improved but no where near the right eye.

Day 6
Went to doctor and he informed me my left bandage contact had come out some how. I don't know when it happened or where it happened. By now, my left eye is seeing equal to the right eye. Then, he pulled the right contact out and that was a little discouraging. My left eye is seeing very well and the right is lagging.

Day 10
Left eye is razor sharp during the day. Right eye is doing better, but has some catch up to do.

Day 12
Right eye has improved but still not as sharp as the left eye. I'm talking razor sharp vision in the left eye folks. Amazing clarity! Better than any contact or pair of glasses that I ever put on my eye.

Night vision will be an issue for awhile in both eyes. As Glenn has mentioned numerous times, it takes time to replace the epithelial cells.
I will wait it out, because I am confident it will get better.
Blindbat2007

Re: My CutomVue Lasek Recovery

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Blindbat2007 wrote:First, Sorry Glenn. I did not know about posting doctors names or facilities on the website. I'm sure it says it somewhere, but was too excited to read all terms or conditions.

Not a problem. It happens all the time.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It