Just had surgery... now I am sick.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Just had surgery... now I am sick.

Postby paperwings » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:04 am

Hello

I just had a quick question since I can't get in touch with my doc until tomorrow. I have an appointment for f/u in the morning.

I had LASIK surgery on Tuesday morning. The results are fantastic. I am already seeing at almost 20/20. The problem is... I just came down with something. I was wondering if this is common and if it may be due to the steroids I have been taking. Also, of course I want to know if it is anything I should be concerned with. It just feels like a little flu or something.

I had a temp. of 100.8 with sore muscles, swollen glands, and general malaise. No respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, etc.). My eyes feel fine and look clear (no gunk or discharge). I took some tylenol and the fever is gone. I just don't feel very well. I don't feel like eating and I am weak.

Any help would be appreciated. I am just a little paranoid since my body is trying to heal from a surgery and this doesn't seem like the greatest time to be getting sick! Thanks!

:oops:
paperwings

Postby agent99bm » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:33 am

I am 15 days post op and am recovering from a cold/sinus type illness. It never occurred to me that is could be due to the steriods since they are topical. I am pretty sure that it can be attributed to "that time of the year." Winter weather, Christmas season, lots of parties, lots of shopping, my resistance is low. If Tylenol lowers your fever, I would say it's probably one of those seasonal illnesses that you'll just have to "ride out."
agent99bm

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:49 am

What you have can be a cold, but can also be a reaction to the medications you are taking and putting into your eyes. The eye tear ducts are connected to the sinus, connected to the throat, connected to the inner ear, connected to the respitory system, etc. so a reaction to the eye drops can provide symptoms elsewhere.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It