dry eyes then enhancement

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

dry eyes then enhancement

Postby mowchowch » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:42 pm

I just wanted to post my lasik experience up to this point. I initially had lasik surgery January '07. My original RX was about -5.00. I had perfectly clear vision the next day or two. Then the vision became so poor. It ended up being related to severe dry eyes. I was started on Restasis February. I had incredible flucutations in my vision for months. I mostly had very poor vision. On occasion my vision was ok in the morning for a couple hours but it would then worsen. I was so worried that I had made a huge mistake by having the surgery done. My surgeon suggested enhancement in August but the wavefront test and my actual measurement for refractive error was not consistent so we decided against enhancement. My dry eye continued to make my vision fluctuate. It was not until October that my dry eye started to improve and my vision stopped fluctuating. And unfortunately my vision was still not clear. My surgeon suggested enhancement but I opted to get glasses. Finally with the glasses I was able to see clear for the first time since prior to my surgery in January. My surgeon suggested having enhancement again. I was so afraid of this approach since my dry eyes and poor vision from the dry eyes was finally improved. After having the glasses I was able to see the difference in my vision so I started thinking about enhancement but with very much hesitation. After very much debate with myself, I had the evalulation for enhancement and had the enhancement done yesterday, December 20. My enhancement was to correct -1.25 in both eyes. So far I am incredibly happy with the results. I continue to have was seems to be a slight astigmatism in my left eye but it doesnt seem to bother me. Since I am already and still on the Restasis I am hopeful the vision will not be affected this time b/c of dry eye. I will post at later dates to let you know how things are going.
mowchowch

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 am

Enhancement Lasik surgery personal experiences are very helpful to others who visit here. Please be sure to keep us up to date.

Dry eye often affects spots of the cornea more that other areas, and this can cause or exacerbate astigmatism. Let's hope that the astigmatism resolves as you heal from the enhancment. Be sure to read our Lasik dry eye treatment article.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It