From Blink to Blink. 19 Days Post Op, LASEK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

From Blink to Blink. 19 Days Post Op, LASEK

Postby Blindbat2007 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Well, here it is Christmas morning and so far my progress can only be measured from blink to blink. Wish it was better folks, but it seems I'm in a fluctuation period after my Customvue Lasek procedure on Dec 6, 2007. Sometimes I can see great, but then a simple blink causes them to go the other way which usually sends me into a frenzy looking for my Systane or Flarex. Here's some advice: Keep a bottle in your car, at work, by the bed, and by the couch in front of the TV. Unless of course you like having bulging pockets of ophthalmic solutions.

What has improved drastically is my medical vocabulary! I'm using fancy words like Uncorrected Visual Acuity, Epithelial Defect, Cyclopegic Refraction, etc. I'm swapping these words back and forth with my surgeon like I knew their meaning for years. Yeah Right!

Anyway, my progress is slow as expected during my epithelial regeneration process. You see what I'm talking about! ;)

I have "functional" vision, but must use care at night. The ghosting and dim light make it hard to see street signs until I'm right on top of them. I'm seeing about 20/40 (averaged out over the day) in each eye.

The ghosting images that I see are as exactly as depicted on this websites glossary. I see two images. The real object and its ghost, slightly down, and slightly to the right.

I know this will eventually go away. I will update as the weeks pass.
Blindbat2007

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:16 am

Many doctors are recommending LASEK over Lasik because it eliminates the Lasik flap, but LASEK has a much slower visual recovery...as you can attest.

Please keep us updated. Your information will be very helpful for others.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby bateman » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 pm

I can feel your pain! ;)

I'm now 16 days past my LASEK and I too have fluctuating vision
Right after I get up I'm almost 20/20 in both eyes, but it's downhill from there.

If I take a nap for say 20 minutes I'm back to 20/20 again. Artificial tears don't improve my vision, so I'm not sure if it's a dry eye related problem.
bateman

Return to Just Had It