Sinus Pain?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Sinus Pain?

Postby lboogie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:21 am

I had lasik 6 weeks ago. My vision is great, and the dry eyes have been coming and going, but generally getting better I think. About a week ago I started having sinus pain and pressure -- eyebrow bone, nose, cheeks. No stabbing pain, but more like a constant dull ache -- doesn't really change from time of day or eye strain or anything.

My lasik doctor's office said it's not lasik related. When I called the advise nurse at the ear/nose/throat dept at my insurance, she said that dry sinuses could be causing this pain and sugegsted saline nasal spray. I just started that and have been using a humidifer -- has anyone else had this? How long should I give the saline and humidifer to give relief.

Stressing out about this............

Thanks
lboogie

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 am

The tearing system is connected to the sinus, the sinus is connected to the inner ear and the throat, the throat is connected to the respiratory system. Dry eyes can cause pain and discomfort throughout all these areas.

Additionally, changes in atmospheric conditions, heating, air conditioning, allergies, and many medications can present the same symptoms.

I suggest for a few days you try a very aggressive Lasik dry eye treatmentregimen of preservative-free artificial tears, lubricating gels at night, and supplements and see if this changes your sinus pressure and discomfort. Report your results to your doctors.

If your symptoms continue, insist on a dry eye test (Shirmer’s and tear breakup time).
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It