Intraorbital nerve damage?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Intraorbital nerve damage?

Postby lboogie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Hello again -- still stressing out about the "sinus" type ache/ sensations......and found this article.

Any other information on this topic would be helpful, I'm going to call my lasik surgeon and ask abou this today. Would it be possible for a later onset of this? I did not have these numb, tingling sensations until 5 weeks post lasik surgery.

Note: Edited for link.
lboogie

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:32 am

It seems that a late onset problem would more likely relate to inflammation than trauma induced problems as reported in the case study you cite.

It is possible that you are having a reaction to the medications you have needed after Lasik. This is an issue for your doctor to consider.

The symptoms you describe are not normal and do need to be reported to your doctor. It is quite possible that a definitive answer may not be found, but medication to help resolve the symptoms even if not the cause may be helpful until healing actually resolves the issue.

Both patients in your citation did recover eventually, although it was an extended period of time.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It