Overcorrected - Hoping for Regression (Any Tips?)

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Overcorrected - Hoping for Regression (Any Tips?)

Postby overcorrectedjw » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:57 pm

:?: I have gone from being moderately nearsighed to somewhat farsighted (+2.0 at 13 days following surgery). I'm having to rely on reading glasses (2.00 to read, and 1.50 for other activities). I stopped taking Pred Forte and Zymar on day 7. My overcorrection worsened from then to now (+1.00 to +2.00. My questions are as follows: Will using (or not using) reading glasses affect the rate of regression? Does the amount/usage of lubricating drops affect the rate of regression? Oddly, the preservative free vials contain enough liquid to provide around 4 drops in each eye. The directions are 1-2 drops. Is it desirable or problematic to use 4 drops? How many times per day should I use them (the directions from the doctor were to use them as needed)? Thanks.
overcorrectedjw

Re: Overcorrected - Hoping for Regression (Any Tips?)

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:06 pm

overcorrectedjw wrote:Will using (or not using) reading glasses affect the rate of regression?

No. These are simply correcting your current refractive error.

overcorrectedjw wrote:Does the amount/usage of lubricating drops affect the rate of regression?

Overuse of preservative-free artificial tears should not change the amount of regression. Lasik dry eyes can delay healing.

overcorrectedjw wrote:Oddly, the preservative free vials contain enough liquid to provide around 4 drops in each eye. The directions are 1-2 drops. Is it desirable or problematic to use 4 drops?

Generally this is not a problem. Extra artificial tears will be drained away. It may be wasteful, but it is usually better to have extra than not enough.

overcorrectedjw wrote:How many times per day should I use them (the directions from the doctor were to use them as needed)?

That is a tough one to say because everyone's needs are different. I recommend that you start with a regimen of at least three times a day morning noon and night, and then additional if your eyes feel dry or vision degrades significantly. Using the nighttime gel eye lubricants can help also. Your doctor will be able to measure the tear quantity and quality to report if your artificial tear regimine is enough.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby overcorrectedjw » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Glenn,

Thanks. Your advice is invaluable. I really appreciate your help.

Jeff
overcorrectedjw

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm glad to be of service. Do keep us informed of your progress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It