Headache Mystery Solved!

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Headache Mystery Solved!

Postby TheIglets » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:00 am

Before Lasik, I sometimes would wake up with a profusely tearing left eye, along with a profusely dripping left nostril. Without fail a couple of hours later I would get a terrible headache on the left side of my head. It could have lasted a few hours to a couple of days. I had done headache logs, but could find no pattern.

My Lasik Dr. noticed that I didn't close my left eye all the way when I blinked. I had a problem with dry eye before the Lasik, especially on the left eye. After Lasik, I had to wear goggles for about three weeks at night to keep my eyes from drying out, especially the left eye. (If I don't close the left eye all the way during the day, then I probably sleep with it open during the night.)

One night I knocked my goggles off and I woke up with a teary left eye and running left nostril. Aha! I had read on this forum that the nerves that control the tears are related to the nerves that control the sinuses. There must have been some kind of over stimulation of those nerves to cause me to have terrible headaches on the left side of my head.

I'm hoping that eye gel will continue to keep my left eye moist enough at night so that I never get those headaches again.

I am also really pleased with my vision, sometimes I stare at things like I'm on an acid trip! When I'm having a good vision day, the details of some things can be so beautiful. I used to have 20/400 in one eye, CF at 10 feet in the other.
TheIglets

Postby LasikExpert » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks for the excellent information and I'm glad that we provided some of the information that was helpful.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It