8 week post-op, Customvue LASEK

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

8 week post-op, Customvue LASEK

Postby Blindbat2007 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:35 pm

I am officially 8 weeks past my surgery date and will share the progress.

Good news first.
My right eye has improved since my last update. My left eye has also improved slightly but is still ahead of the right.

I can see very well outdoors during the daylight, and indoors very well with lots of lighting. Both eyes.

I can read the 20/20 line with my right eye and the 20/15 line with my left eye. Before surgery I was 20/400.

I have no irritation in either eye and I keep them rather moist during the day. The Systane people are making a killing on me!
I can read close, even though I am 42 years young, and read far away with no blurriness whatsoever. =)

Okay? Now the not so good news. =(
I STILL HAVE GHOSTING AT NIGHT! ARRRRRGG! Darn I wish it would go away! It is equal in both eyes. And, it doesn't matter how much Systane I put in my eyes. It's there! It doesn't show any signs of letting up. It has been the same since 1 week after surgery.
At my 6 week check the doctor said I have some induced astigmatism that he didn't seem worried about. Well, I'm worried about it. Will it eventually go away? I sure the heck hope so!
I will post again at 12 weeks. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Regards,
Blindbat 2007
Blindbat2007

Postby croanster » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:47 am

Hi Blindbat2007, the only suggestion I have is go to your optometrist and get a cheap pair of glasses made up to try to correct the astigmatism before you go back to your doc. If that solves the ghosting, then at least you’ll know if it’s correctable and it’ll be up to you and your doc to decide where to go from there. 8 weeks is still early and you can correct it later if need be. Hang in there! I know exactly how you feel though – it’s very frustrating looking at elongated lights.
croanster

Return to Just Had It