Had Lasik Feb 1st

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Had Lasik Feb 1st

Postby traveler » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 pm

I had Lasik 2/1/08, using Intralase method to cut the flap and standard lasik. The surgery went well however I did have broken blood vessels in each eye after the surgery. The right eye had a minor broken blood vessel and the left eye's was pretty bad. During the first night after the surgery I woke up with my eyeguards stuck to my mattress at 4 am. Needless to say I was a bit startled. I went back for my checkup the next day. My vision was 20/20 and everything seemed great. However I had a wrinkle in each of my flaps. I must have rubbed my eyes while sleeping. So they took me in and did flap revisions on both eyes. So back at home I just rested all day probably laying with my eyes closed for about 15-16 hours out of the day. I took to sleeping in my recliner so that I could not roll over or do anything to disturb my eyes. I slept there for a week.

So I went back to see my eye doctor two days later and I had two flaps that are in place and doing well and 20/15 vision. I was so happy as I was -6 in each eye prior to lasik. A couple of days later I developed dry eye in my left eye pretty bad and my eye felt gooey. I went back to see the doctor and he gave me some thicker drops to use. My eye is feeling much better now but the vision in my left eye is now blurry compared to my right eye. I can still see pretty good out of the left eye but not as good as my right eye. Overall I am very happy with having lasik, I can see without glasses or contacts now. I hope that the vision in my left eye will get better as it heals, the broken blood vessel in that eye is looking much better now. I am past the itchy stage and my eyes feel pretty good overall. Although just before writing this I went to wipe my forehead with a paper towel and missed and brushed it across my left eye. Now I am paranoid again.
traveler

Postby purpleGORILLA » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 am

congrates...glad everything went well...it can only get better. How is your night vision and dry eyes?
purpleGORILLA

Postby traveler » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 am

My night vision is improving. The halos seem to be lessening for me and the dry eye seems to be getting better.
traveler

Postby BAM17 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:01 pm

I too had to have my flaps "re-floated"....except mine had more than just wrinkles...they actually became dislocated! I'm glad you are having a pretty good over-all outcome though.....there's hope for me. I just had mine done a few days ago. I know what you mean about being paranoid....I wonder if I will ever be able to just live my life again....and not worry about my eyes!
BAM17

Return to Just Had It