Does Flying Affect Other People's Vision?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Does Flying Affect Other People's Vision?

Postby overcorrectedjw » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

I had lasik surgery about a month ago and am slightly overcorrect (although my vision seems to be improving). I flew one week post lasik and noticed that my vision deteriorated noticeably during my weekend trip but returned to pre-flight vision a couple of days later. I had used extra lubricating drops and drank extra water. I figured that it was just too soon after lasik. I flew today (one month post lasik) and feel that my vision was worsened since prior to my flying. I read that it's safe do fly following lasik, but has anybody else had their vision adversely affected by flying?
overcorrectedjw

Postby croanster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 am

I think the air conditioning on planes is particularly harsh on your eyes. Drys them out quite a bit and definately degrades vision especially if your eyes are a bit dry anyway.
croanster

Postby overcorrectedjw » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. It's likely that the a/c contributes to the problem, but I was wondering whether the cabin pressure may actually slightly and temporarily change the shape of your eyes. I think of my water bottle on the plane that becomes distorted because of the pressure. Unfortunately, I'm no scientist. Regards.
overcorrectedjw

Return to Just Had It