pre and post-op wave scans -- help

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

pre and post-op wave scans -- help

Postby lboogie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 am

Okay, so I collected my records today from my surgeon, b/c I'll be seeing a Kaiser opthamologist with lasik experince for some outisde advise next week.

Upon looking though things I noticed 2 major things about my pre-op and post-op wave scan.

#1 -- Major increase in spherical aberration -- to be expected though I guess, b/c I was pretty high perscription -5.50 and -4.75 to begin with.

#2 -- the axis change on my right eye was HUGE -- the target was something like 2 degrees, and it changed to 160. How on earth could this have happened?

#3 -- lots of other aberrations increased but to lesser degrees-- but my I know that is to be expected (even with custom lasik)

I am also over corrected by +.6 in each eye. My questions is..........my vision is clear as a bell, but I have eye strain and headache AND convergence/ accomodation issues going on......would this major shift in axis cause these things?

And also the pre-op and post-op wavescans were recorded at different pupil diameters -- which I'm guessing could be contributing some increase in aberration readings. My pre-op pupil measurment was 6.4 and my post-op one was done at 9.4. My treatment zone was 6.5, with blend to 9.0. My glare and starbursts are not bad at all -- I have dark brown eyes.

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback on all of this, as i'm very nervous about going in for my 2 appointments next week first with my Kaiser doctor and then with my surgeon again.
lboogie

Postby croanster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 am

Hi there - My feedback would be don't get too fixated on the numbers. If your vision is clear as a bell, give your head a bit of time to get used to it. If i could see clear as a bell I'd be out looking at stuff and enjoying it! ;)
croanster

Return to Just Had It