vision uniformly blurry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

vision uniformly blurry

Postby Mike_in_VT » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm

I am now about 7 weeks post Lasik. At week 1 I was 20/40; at week 5 my doc said I was about 20/30. ( See lasik results, week-by-week posting for details: http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert ... php?t=1558 )

Now my vision seems to have "settled" at a point where everything is uniformly blurry. Not so blurry that I can't see what I'm doing, but blurry enough so that it takes some work to look at anything at any distance.

Back in the good old days when I was simply nearsighted, I could see things close up and my vision would get progressively worse as distance increased. Post Lasik, the quality of my vision is about the same whether it's 2, 5, 10, or 20 feet away.

Is this normal? What could explain my vision being uniformly crappy?
Mike_in_VT

Postby floatanddry » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 pm

This is not normal. What does your doctor say?

Where in VT are you? If you are willing to travel to Western Mass down 91 for another opinion I can give you the name of a good surgeon. Email me at eyehelp AT live dot com.
floatanddry

Postby armyvet » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Scary, I feel blurry too, at least I am happy for the moment after a week post op Lasik that I can see my computer and TV and that is it. Driving is a nightmare....and they told me is normal to have this "crappy vision"!!!! I am more relieved that I see that I am not the only one with the same problems....hopefully I will improve....
armyvet

Postby BAM17 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:28 pm

Mikey in VT....

I live in NH. I luckily found a great opthamologist/surgeon in state...but you might want to make the trip down to Boston. I know we can't mention names on this web site...but Boston is home to some of the best. Let me know your email address and I can email the name of a particular facility I was thinking of. It is the ultimate place I will go if I start having any debilitating results of my lasik a few days ago. Although I had initial complications that day of the surgery....I seem to be doing ok right now....but I always have a back up plan if need be. Honestly....I will not move out of New England because of the expertise of physicians that work in Boston. It is truly a medical hub.
BAM17

Return to Just Had It