How long do I keep taking Econopred, etc.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

How long do I keep taking Econopred, etc.

Postby ptmccain » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm 8 days since my LASIK. Do I keep using my Econopred and Vigamox? When can I stop using them?
ptmccain

Postby LasikExpert » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Countinue your medication until your doctor tells you to stop using them and not a moment before. This may be 2-6 weeks, depending upon your individual circumstances.

Econopred is a steroid to control inflammation and the healing process. It is vitally important that you not stop a steroid until the doctor tells you to stop and in the manner recommended (tapering off).

Vigamox is an anti-bacterial and needs to be used until its full term.

In all circumstances, do not stop any postoperative medication until instructed by your doctor. If you are having what appears to be a reaction to the medication, notify your doctor and seek instructions.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby LauraD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Econopred, is that the stuff that looks milky? Well my instructions were to take it for 7 days. No one told me that I had to continue till someone said so. I have my two week followup this Friday. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. :( I think I'll call them.
LauraD

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm

If you followed your doctor's instructions, then you probably didn't do anything wrong. Ask to be sure and get that peace of mind.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It