Almost 2 weeks after, left eye great, right eye blurry

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Almost 2 weeks after, left eye great, right eye blurry

Postby LauraD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Hello, I have my 2 week follow up this Friday and I've tried getting this answered on the phone with [the national chain's] 800 # but they are pretty much receptionships and the Doc's location is never open when I call.

Anyway, I had the epi-lasik done on both eyes. I do not know what my prescription was before (once again I can't get information from them on the phone) sorry. I'm 44 and did not need reading glasses when I wore my regular glasses.

Now, my eyes seem opposite. What I mean is left is distance clear and a tiny bit blurry when I hopd things close like a book(that is when I cover my right) my right eye is blurry in distance but clear up close.

I'm freaking out that I was given this pres. on purpose. I just have this funny feeling that they made it where my distance is good in right and close up is good in left. This makes everything look weird. Things are not clear if both eyes are not the same. I can't see signs on the street corners.

I really hope that my right eye is still recovering and not permamently like this. I may need a do over to it and make like the other one. I would rather need reading glasses then everything look weird in the distance. Anyone else ever have this? I know it's early but this doesn't feel like a healing process. It feels like that is the way it was done.

Thanks!

PS.

Once in a while they feel like a lash is in it but I know it's not. I am done with the drops the dr. gave me and I've been using the natural tears when I need them. The tear drops make me so blind for awhile. It's as if the drops gets under the flap and it takes awhile to clear up. I see better when I don't use them. I could never put drops in my eyes while in the street. I'd fall in a pothole.

Note: Post was edited to remove clinc name.
LauraD

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Epi-Lasik has a unique recovery. It is common for vision to be pretty good for the first few days, then go downhill for a week or two, and then get really good again and stabilize. It is a consequence of the epithelial cells that were mortally wounded during the surgery being sloughed off the cornea and replaced with new healthy cells.

The foreign body sensation may be the result of this epithelium regeneration process, but you need to talk with your doctor about this.

It is way too early to come to any conclusions about what your final outcome will be. You may be a bit lopsided at the moment, but that very likely will change.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby LauraD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. Since clicking on the epi-lasik link in your post, I'm not not sure if that is the right term. I know it was the Excimer laser, (Baush and Lomb).

Edited to say I think that is the same thing. ARRRHHH I'm so clueless. The people at the 800 number are useless and all they do is transfer you and my center is closed again. (I think they are open just every other day) I will have to be patient and wait till Friday.

Thanks!
LauraD

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:16 pm

We don't allow the names of doctors or clinics, but your situation raises an important point.

When selecting a provider of Lasik, verify that you will have ready access to needed care and not be required deal with a phone bank when you have a problem.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby Pappy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:15 pm

LauraD wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. Since clicking on the epi-lasik link in your post, I'm not not sure if that is the right term. I know it was the Excimer laser, (Baush and Lomb).

Edited to say I think that is the same thing. ARRRHHH I'm so clueless. The people at the 800 number are useless and all they do is transfer you and my center is closed again. (I think they are open just every other day) I will have to be patient and wait till Friday.

Thanks!

From experience if you had epi-lasik (PRK variant) your vision is going to be "what is this I can't see well!!!" for a couple of weeks (took me about 4 weeks to start seeing well). I know it's kinda hard not to get a little impatient but it should turn out just fine. It just takes longer than lasik.

Best of luck on your healing!
Pappy

Return to Just Had It