Two weeks on.

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Two weeks on.

Postby mossief1965 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I know this is the USAeyes forum and I'm in Ireland but I'm sure it's the same for everyone post-op regardless of where we are. I had both my eyes done, Wavefront, intralase, lasik on March 11. Before the surgery both my eyes were at about -7.5. During the surgery the suction failed on my right eye and had to be restarted so I had some extra bruising / redness there. Two weeks on both eyes are much less red but there is still some in both, more so on the right. I was on hourly Pred Forte drops for the first 3 days, but have been off all drops, except occasional Blink, since last week.

Right now, while my vision is pretty good, it is nowhere near as good as I was pre-op with glasses. At my last check-up, at one week, I was told I had "perfect" sight 20/20 right, 20/16 left, even though the chart was pretty blurry, but I was told I had a "tiny" prescription in both eyes but this could clear up in a few months and I might escape enhancement. I am just curious if this is regular? Will my vision improve in weeks / months to come? I am having no trouble driving, except for some haloes at night. Vision outdoors is pretty good, indoors less so. Reading OK, but will need reading glasses.

I can see very little change in my vision since 3 or 4 days post-op. Looking at TV and using the PC are less tiring each day, but the sharpness in my vision seems totally absent and I don't think it's improving. I don't particularly want to go through another treatment, but I certainly don't want to go back to glasses. Any opinions would be very welcome.
Thanks.
Maurice
mossief1965

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Lasik is more of a six month process than a 20-Minute Miracle. It is common for there to be imperfection and fluctuation in vision at two weeks postop. You really won't know your final outcome until about 3-6 months postop.

I understand your frustration with being declared 20/20 (6/6) even though the images are blurry. The Snellen "Big E" test is only one measurement of vision quality and has its limitations.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby mossief1965 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I listened too much to the people who had immediate success. It is frustrating but hopefully it will get better and won't need more treatment. Thanks again
Maurice
mossief1965

Return to Just Had It