Double Vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Double Vision

Postby YayaBub » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:17 am

Hi
I had PRK on my left eye March 28th and am getting really worried about the result. I am seeing double when I try to read closed captioning on Tv with this eye now. At night lit signs are double. When I went in for a refraction appt. the letters looked clear but were doubled. This did not happen when I had my left eye done. Seems it has to do with lighting since objects arent double if they are not lit. Big starbursts at night too when driving. I have an appt on May 8th and was hoping to get a prescription for a new lense. I'm hoping someone can tell me if this seeing double will go away.
Thanks
YayaBub

Have you tried squinting?

Postby catnmus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Have you tried squinting? If you do, does the doubling go away? I had an astigmatism on my left eye after I had Epi-Lasik (similar to PRK). This caused a doubling effect. It has steadily improved. I started with "5 steps of astigmatism", then it was down to 3, then 2. I have an appointment next week (which will be at about 3.5 months out) and I really think it might be close to gone.

I had my right eye done on March 4th and I think I have some astigmatism there, too, but I'm confident that it will resolve sufficiently, as my eye continues to heal. I gave myself a window of 6 weeks before I would allow myself to start worrying. Sure enough, by 6 weeks I was seeing sufficient improvement, enough to make me confident that improvements would continue. I don't know about the starbursts, though. I never had a problem with that. But I would assume it's all a normal part of the healing process.

I would advise you to relax, lubricate with lots of drops, and promise yourself you won't worry until May 8th. You're still pretty early in the PRK healing cycle, I think.
catnmus

Postby YayaBub » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks for your reply :) I feel better after reading it and will try to be patient. When I squint it's clearer but still double.
I'll keep everyone posted as to how that appointment goes on the 8th and whether this double vision goes away.
YayaBub

Return to Just Had It