10 days post op...still double & triple vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

10 days post op...still double & triple vision

Postby nedzie » Thu May 08, 2008 10:16 pm

I am 10 days post op, I had Custom Wavefront LASIK on both eyes. My vision is the same as the day after the surgery. In my left eye, I have slight double vision, and my right eye has triple vision.

My Dr. says that I still have some swelling and that's causing the problem and that I'm just healing very slowly.

Has anybody else out there had slow healing like this? I'm really nervous that this isn't going to change and I'm regretting getting LASIK done at this point.
nedzie

Postby nedzie » Tue May 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Just had my 2 week follow up, still double and triple vision. Now my Dr. tells me I have retinal swelling which is causing the poor vision, and he has no idea how long it will take to heal. He said the retina does heal very slowly though. He gave me Xibrom drops to help reduce the swelling.

Has anyone heard of LASIK causing retinal swelling? It doesn't make sense to me, they are 2 completely different parts of the eye. I'm very concerned now that I may never see normal again. Glasses can't even correct what I am seeing.
nedzie

Return to Just Had It