PRK and light sensitivity

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

PRK and light sensitivity

Postby stockyg » Mon May 12, 2008 3:54 pm

I had PRK with the custom wavefront done 11 days ago. My perscription was a -2.50 in both eyes and one had an astigmatism. My eyes seem to be sensitive to light. I don't see any halos and very little glare at night time. For the first 2 hours in the morning, driving in the daylight and watching tv I need to use sunglasses. How long does this sensitivity usually last? Is it going to be permanent? So far I am glad I had this done, the only drawback I have so far is the sensitivty.
stockyg

Postby LasikExpert » Tue May 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Light sensitivity (photophobia) often occurs as a part of the healing process. Your eyes may be a bit inflammed from the surgery. Report your problems to your surgeon and be sure to use all medications exactly as prescribed.

It is difficult to judge when PRK healing will resolve the photophobia, but it seems reasonable to expect this to be gone at 4-8 weeks postop.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It