when is it safe to exercise/ debris under flap

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

when is it safe to exercise/ debris under flap

Postby chrissy » Sun May 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi, just had all laser lasik 2 days ago. Wondered what other people had been told regarding when it is safe to exercise again. Like work out at the gym, treadmill or elliptical machine, light weightlifting, etc. Nothing like biking or outdoor activities.
Also, I was told I had a little bit of debris under my left flap, but that it is nothing to worry about, that my body will naturally clean it out. Left eye is actually the eye that sees and feels a little better than the right. Does this sound right? I almost wish he had not told me that, as now I am paranoid about my left eye!!!

Should I worry if a little water in the shower gets in my eyes? What about the sleep that is in your eyes when you wake up? Is it unsafe to try and get some of this with a warm cloth just at the corners of the eye?
I am flap paranoid!!!
chrissy

Re: when is it safe to exercise/ debris under flap

Postby LasikExpert » Sun May 25, 2008 6:53 pm

chrissy wrote:Hi, just had all laser lasik 2 days ago. Wondered what other people had been told regarding when it is safe to exercise again. Like work out at the gym, treadmill or elliptical machine, light weightlifting, etc.

Certain activities can raise the pressure inside the eye and should be avoided until your doctor gives you the okay. When all activities are okay depends upon the patient and healing results. Check with the doctor's office if your are at a point where you can hit the gym.

chrissy wrote:Should I worry if a little water in the shower gets in my eyes? What about the sleep that is in your eyes when you wake up?

Avoiding water in your eyes is important for the first few days, but it is likely that your natural tears flushed away any small sprinkles. If your eyes become red or irritated, be sure to notify your doctor.

A good way to clean that gunk around your eyes during the early healing stage is by using a Q-Tip with water and baby shampoo solution.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It