medical tape residue

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

medical tape residue

Postby chrissy » Tue May 27, 2008 11:48 pm

I am wearing protective shields for the next several nights, and tape them on with medical tape. The residue from the tape is awful, and I cannot get it off my face. I have rubbing alcohol, but does not seem to work very well. Any suggestions? I do not want to put any oil on my face, as it will make me break out.

Eyesight still very good! My eyes do seem to be very dry when i wake up, and drier at the end of the day. But day vision is pretty near perfect. I have no sunlight sensitivity at all!
day 4 post op....
chrissy

Postby LasikExpert » Wed May 28, 2008 1:17 am

I do not know if this is appropriate around the eyes or on the face, however art supply stores will have Bestine, which is an adhesive solvent. I’ve used it on my hands with success. It is great to have around the house. I’ve used in on 0.25 mil clear acrylic sheets and it did not disturb the thin plastic.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby 3lix0r » Wed May 28, 2008 1:56 am

The best time I noticed to take this off is in the shower.
when you have a good amount of warm water on your face your able to get it in one area and pull globs of it off.
As bad as that sounds it work well for me.

Cheers
3lix0r

Postby BAM17 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:37 am

Hi Chrissy,
I hated that sticky tape! I ended buying some little disposable exfoliating sponges (The ones I bought were the CVS brand....not sure if you have CVS where you are located.) I rinsed the soap out that came with the sponge, and used my own facial cleanser. Then I just gently exfoliated the areas where the sticky tape was....and voila....stickiness gone! About 40 come in box...so you just use it once...then throw it out. Worked for me.
BAM17

Postby Rocksville » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:14 am

I went to the tool store (industrial supply here) and picked up some low profile safety glasses. Much easier off and on for eye drops, and I can see things.

The first couple nights I taped them to the side of my head, but I usually sleep on my back and I found I never had any problems with them moving while I slept. If you toss and turn, I would probably worry about them coming off and sticking you.

I bought a blue and a clear....much like these

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/pymiztsaglin.html
Rocksville

Return to Just Had It