I am/was a professional soccer player, intralase 1 week

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

I am/was a professional soccer player, intralase 1 week

Postby tszchun8 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 am

I am 22 years old. I had got high degree of myopia, both eyes -9.50.
Actually, I wanted to take epi-lasik, but my doctor said I am not qualified.
So, I chose intralase lasik. My vision is OK now, my left eye is better than 20/20, and right eye is 20/20.

Corneal Flap Healing make me anxious. The thing I want to ask is that Is My soccer career over? Can't step on the pitch again? Is it possible to head the ball?

Is it possible to play soccer again with a sport goggle?

I don't know why doctors don't tell the truth. I ask several doctors, and they all claimed that I can play soccer after 3 months. ( Some of my soccer friends even have been told that can play soccer after 1 month)

Furthermore, as i know, Lebron James also have had Intralse Lasik, Is it really safe for contact sports?

Sorry for my bad english.
tszchun8

Postby tszchun8 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:16 am

Forget to mention, my eyes: no dryness, little starburst(seems be better now), left eye is pink when I get up(return to normal after 2-3 hours)

The surgery just cost me about US$1200. The result for me is good. But I think I am just lucky, as I heard several patients got problems when I went to review.
tszchun8

Return to Just Had It