"car sick"/tired feeling

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

"car sick"/tired feeling

Postby meetootoo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I had Lasik performed on Thursday, July 10. Before the procedure, they gave me a valium (not my request) and afterwards two sleeping pills to help me rest. I'd never taken any sort of muscle relaxant before, so on Friday I attributed my nausea to the after effects of the medicine.

Now it is Sunday and I still feel slightly "car sick" at times. I am also extremely tired. I usually never feel like taking naps, but now that is all I want to do. Is this my body's way of trying to recover from the Lasik, and is this normal?

Before surgery I had -8 diopters in both eyes with little/no astigmatism. I am using Systane drops frequently along with the drops prescibed by my doctor. I can definitely see more clearly than before the surgery, but there is a haze to everything and blurriness that is similar to having dirty contact lenses on. I hesitate to drive due to the blurriness of street signs.

I know that recovery takes time, but I am starting to feel discouraged, especially because I am so tired.
meetootoo

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:46 pm

If you are unaccustomed to these kinds of meds they can cause the symptoms you describe. It is possible, but less likely, that the symptoms relate directly to your Lasik.

You need to report these symptoms to your doctor. Although they may be benign, they may also indicate a more serious concern that needs to be evaluated.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It