Epi Lasik 2 months ago - worried about vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Epi Lasik 2 months ago - worried about vision

Postby jtanabe » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:51 am

I had epi lasik two months ago. I have 20/20 - 20/25 vision in my left eye and 20/30 - 20/35 in my right. I now have mono vision and wanted distance vision. Before surgery I needed reading glasses for close work and distance correction for far away. It seems like my left eye is blurrier in the last week.

I feel like I'm living my life in a blur except within about 6 feet. Do I have any hope for my vision to get markedly better? I have ghosting later in the day, especially at night and use eye drops all day. I'm taking restasis and pm gel and vitamin c.

I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion as my doctor keeps telling me I'm seeing just fine. I sure don't feel like I am.

If it doesn't get better would a correction be possible later on?
jtanabe

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:11 am

It sounds like you have some dry eye issues. This can delay Epi-Lasik healing. Otherwise at two months you should be pretty close to your final vision, but things can change within the first six months.

What is your age? Did you try monovision with contacts before deciding to have monovision with surgery? If so, was monovision acceptable then?

Are you able to be fully corrected with lenses for distance vision?
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby jtanabe » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:14 pm

I am 53 years old. I did not try mono vision before surgery. My objective going into surgery was 20/20 distance vision since I play tennis a lot. The end result has been at best mono vision.

My doctor said at last visit that he could correct my right eye with glasses for distance. My left eye is almost 20/20 so he can't do any better for it. I question the way my vision is tested since he has me squint and try and read any letter on a line that is so small everything is a blur. Is that normal?

If I go to glasses will I never be able to have an additional correction?
jtanabe

Return to Just Had It