Headaches

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Headaches

Postby Mary Jo Cookston » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:55 pm

I had Monovision Lasik surgery about 2 months ago and am still adjusting to it and hoping that I eventually will, but have been having bad headaches and am not sure if caused by my eyes or not. Has any one else had this problem?

Mary Jo
Mary Jo Cookston

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:47 am

Yes, headaches after Lasik and it can be caused by the monovision effect.

If you tried monovision with contact lenses prior to having monovision Lasik, then you should have your doctor provide a current prescription. If the actual current refractive error is more than 2.00 diopters different from one eye to the other and/or your dominant eye is not plano (no refractive error) then this may be the cause of the headaches.

Just about everyone with monovision should have a pair of glasses that provide full distance correction. These are great for ocassions when you need superior distance vision, such as driving at night. Wearing these glasses may give your eyes a "rest" from monovision and reduce your headache problems.

And don't forget that Lasik dry eyes can cause headaches too, along with allergies and a myriad of other things.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It