LasEk Recovery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

LasEk Recovery

Postby Col » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Just wondering if anyone here has had LasEk recently. I had mine done 10/10 and the recovery is taking forever. I really can't stand not being able to read, or really use the computer, drive or watch TV. Going stir crazy! I was wondering how long it takes before people are able to really do these things with clear vision.
Col

Postby LasikExpert » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 am

Vision recovery after LASEK can seem to take forever. During LASEK the epithelium (outermost soft layer of corneal cells) is disrupted, moved aside, the laser energy is applied, and then the epithelial cells are repositioned over the treatment area.

This process mortally wounds the epithelial cells, but they need to die, be sloughed off, replaced, and the epithelium needs to thicken and smooth.

With the LASEK "flap" of epithelial cells the vision recovery can be delayed or get worse before getting better. Vision recovery is also very gradual. Seldom do you have a "wow" effect after LASEK.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Return to Just Had It