Inflammation & Hazy Vision

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Inflammation & Hazy Vision

Postby engmsf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm

I was around -7.5 negligilble astigmatism in both eyes prior to intralase wavescan lasik. Although I haven't had one month check yet, I believe I am 20/20 in my left eye and probably 20/30 in my right eye.

Left eye is great and image is sharp.

The problem with my right eye is the hazy vision, blurriness, and images are not sharp. When looking at a light bulb, I can see different constrast and light intensity levels between the left and right eye. For reference, the right eye is blurry with text on laptops and hazy/blurry on reading street signs - I feel like a one eyed person.

The doctors did tell me 1day and 1week post-op that I had some inflammation in the right eye and that was causing the haze. I was given extra inflammatory drops to last me till the one month mark. How long does inflammation usually last?
engmsf

Postby LasikExpert » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Many events can cause corneal inflammation. It may be a response to the surgery "wound", or caused by dry eyes, or a wound response exacerbated by dry eyes, or an allergic response to the meds (although that seems unlikely since the other eye is fine). The symptoms you describe sound like astigmatism induced by inflammation.

Once the cause of the inflammation is resolved, the inflammation commonly dissipates within a few days. It is unusual for inflammation to continue after a couple of weeks, unless dry eye is an issue.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby engmsf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks Glen.

When I view light sources in the dark, like my alarm clock, my right eye is seeing a slight ghosting / double image. This sounds very similar to other cases on this website.

I am depress that I can not comfortably see computer text on the screen or street signs while driving during the daytime. Has anyone had any experiences where your eye will self adjust over time?
engmsf

Return to Just Had It