Biggest regret of my life

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Postby It's Just Me » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:11 am

Still blurry 2 weeks 3 days later.

I wish I would have never done this. I am basically non-functioning. Can't drive, shop, see to clean house...

worst decision of my life....wish I could go back and change what I did.
It's Just Me

Postby LasikExpert » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:48 am

Remember that you are still very early in the healing process. Keep your doctor informed of your difficulties and keep us informed of your progress.
Glenn Hagele
Volunteer Executive Director
USAEyes

Lasik Info &
Lasik Doctor Certification

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby It's Just Me » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 am

well, you might be right! My right eye is coming around very well!!! The left is still blurry which causes some vision problems...but..I'm slowly getting used to it, even though I'm getting headaches now...and i dont usually get headaches. I have been reading everything i can on the internet about "healing times after lasik" and it can evidently take up to 6 months sometimes. So...I will be patient. when it bothers me the most is in a grocery store. Oh my...everything is blurry and bright. At home, I'm doing so much better..not sure if my brain is adjusting and just using my right eye...would seem so since my left one feels like nothing was done. I might get an enhancement on the left one eventually, even though the thought scares me, i can't live this way either permanently. I'll keep everyone posted after my appoointment on the 23rd :)
It's Just Me

Postby LasikExpert » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Fluorescent lighting and night vision can really be a bother during the early stages of healing. I'm sure you have seen people here who have had these same symptoms with eventual resolution to the problem.

Keep the faith, let your doctor know of your difficulties, and keep us informed.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Postby It's Just Me » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 am

I am encouraged by the fact that some have problems being resolved. I haven't read any posts like that yet, I will go find them! :)
It's Just Me

Postby croanster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:31 pm

The flouro lights can be terrible (especially with intralase) at first and for me at least, the improvement was very slow. Even 3 months out my shopping mall vision was terrible! I seem to remember that it took a good 4 - 5 months before my flouro light vision was similar to other lighting conditions. So that problem at least has a very good chance of resolving for you.
croanster

Night vision problems

Postby peliot » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm

In addition to my retinal complications, I am having night vision and low-light problems. I now know that my pupils dilate to 9mm under low-light conditions, which is very large and larger than the treatment zone of the laser. None of this was explained to me as a risk prior to LASIK, I don't even think they measured my pupils
peliot

Re: Night vision problems

Postby LasikExpert » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:07 pm

peliot wrote:I now know that my pupils dilate to 9mm under low-light conditions...

You may find our article about Lasik pupil size issues helpful.
Glenn Hagele
USAEyes

Lasik Info &

I am not a doctor.
LasikExpert
Site Admin

Biggest mistake...

Postby jodiej » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Peliot, I hope you're still reading this forum. I've had two surgeries to peel the same epiretinal membrane, so I have a lot of information to share with you about that procedure. My first (botched) surgery actually caused the type of image size difference which you described having. This problem is called "aniseikonia," and it is associated with a number of unpleasant symptoms. There's good information about it at www.opticaldiagnostics.com (but you have to do some searching around the website to find it.)

I wish I could send you a PM. Please post again about how you are doing.
jodiej

Where's Peliot?

Postby dan1966 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Peliot seems to have vanished as suddenly as he appeared, leaving us all with unanswered questions.
dan1966

Good question-- I wonder....

Postby Anyman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:22 am

dan1966 wrote:Peliot seems to have vanished as suddenly as he appeared, leaving us all with unanswered questions.

He/she is either better, far worse or maybe took things into his own hands.....
Anyman

Re: Biggest regret of my life

Postby Still Hoping » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:02 am

I agree. Anyone considering Lasik - please, just don't do it! It's not worth the risks, even if it is only 3-4% (which I believe is actually much higher). I am so envious of people with glasses and contacts now.
Still Hoping

Previous

Return to Just Had It