Epithelial hyperplasia ?

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Epithelial hyperplasia ?

Postby Ali » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi All,

I have posted the below in the "Had it a While Ago" but did not receive any feedback. I thought of copying it here and would be very grateful for any advice from Glenn and/or people who have experienced similar conditions.

I had my initial lasek surgury at end of April 2008. I was overcorrected in both eyes from around -5 to around +1.75. On 11th October 2008, I had a cutomise front wave enhancement in both eyes.

My left eye progressed nicely and is now 20/20 albiet with hallows and starburst. My right eye however had 1.75 astigmatism. I was advised to wait, as the eyes are still in the healing process and the cornea shape may change with time.

I saw my Doctor today, and after thorough invistigation, the doctor told me that I have epithelial hyperplasia ?. He told me that nothing to be done now and gave me FLUCON. He added that he will check again in a month time (to make sure it is not epithelial in growth- under the flap).

My question is: what is this epithelial hyperplasia and is it treatable and if so how and what is the long term impact on my vision (if any).

I am not sure if anyone has got similar issue but would be grateful for advise.

Thanks in anticipation.

Unquote

Thank you all.
Ali

Return to Just Had It