lasik 2 weeks later

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

lasik 2 weeks later

Postby -RanZ- » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:38 am

I had custom IntraLasik 2 week ago yesterday. I went with a surgeon who is one of the pioneers in refractive surgery and has done over 40,000 procedures and everything went great. I had a -4.00 prescription with no astigmatism. So far I am happy with the results as I had 20/15 vision the next day and still do. It is SO nice not having to put in contacts every morning and to be able to take a nap and not wake up with dry contacts. I do have one concern though and that is night vision. I currently have pretty bad starbursts at night. I also had halos at first but those seem to have gone away for the most part. My eye doc says I shouldn't be worried yet and it should get better soon. I am wondering if the starbursts have anything to do with dry eyes. I am on restasis and try to use Systane whenever my eyes start to feel dry. Has anyone else had issues with starbursts and give me a time frame they went away for you?
-RanZ-

Postby It's Just Me » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:08 am

I am SO JEALOUS!! I am still not seeing clearly after 3 weeks (Thursday). My right eye, i have to say is alMOST perfect though. It's my left that's almost like nothing was done *shrug* I guess it takes a while. Everything was blurry for me for DAYS. As I said, I'm jealous that it didn't happen quickly for me.

As to starbursts ect. I don't have any so far...
My vision driving actually is pretty good. Where I have trouble is in stores and inside if trying to see something more than about 6 feets away from me. In a very small room like a bathroom, I see fine LOL
It's Just Me

Postby -RanZ- » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 am

I'm starting to get a little worried now, it has been a month and my night vision has seemed to stop getting better. It has improved a lot since the surgery but it is definitely not 100% Day vision great though!
-RanZ-

Return to Just Had It