just had laser eye 5 days ago and worried...

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

just had laser eye 5 days ago and worried...

Postby joeyl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm

hello i just had laser eye 5 days ago...
im able to see 20/20 with 1 eye and 20/30 with other
problem is i also see halos, starbursts and glare at night
also the contrast seems to be high...

will this go away?
is this normal?
some people say its the healing process
some people say you're done for
what exactly is going to happen to me
i read some people dont have any of this after surgury.
joeyl

Postby Rock » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

I never experienced your sysmptoms. However, a lot of other people on this board have. I am pretty sure yours will clear with time. Your only five days out. Try not to stress yourself out. I know it's hard not to. I am dealing with my own issues. Best wishes.
Rock

yawning

Postby joeyl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:49 am

i would also like to add that when i yawn tears start to form
if i continue to yawn more tears come and lubricate the eyes....

would this be better then eye drops?
or is it worse?
or no prefernce?
joeyl

Postby -RanZ- » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:54 am

I have the same issue with poor night vision. I am 2.5 weeks post op and the first few days I had terrible halos and starburts. The halos are gone finally but I still have starbursts. They seem to get better every day but I hope they go away completely.
-RanZ-

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 am

I have no starbursts or halos...I just can't see because of blurriness.

I'm 3 1/2 weeks out, and pretty angry. :(
It's Just Me

Re: yawning

Postby It's Just Me » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 am

joeyl wrote:i would also like to add that when i yawn tears start to form
if i continue to yawn more tears come and lubricate the eyes....

would this be better then eye drops?
or is it worse?
or no prefernce?

I notice that when I yawn, I can see clearer. It doesn't last very long though, neither do eye drops.
It's Just Me

Postby joeyl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 pm

well its day 7 and nothing seems to be getting better
i figure i keep an day by day update of how my eyes are doing to benfit others.
yesterday night i decided to go to my local drug store and by a bunch of different eye products to see which one works the best...

i got refresh celluvice, refresh endure, thera tears nutrition, and refresh lacri lube...

the ointment was really bad and i did not like the feeling at all..i beleive its making my vision a little blurry even today
i took 4 thera tears pills, and 4 this morning and i used refresh endura since it is a little better then refresh plus...only problem it is makes you a little blurry cuz its a bit more white. i did not like the celluvice either because its really thick and makes me unable to see and my eyes uncomforatble...

i can say this though, my eyes "feels" less dry, that is the only thing that is getting better. i dont know if its in my head that it feels dry.

so far the contrast is still high
the halos and starbursts are still there, i know even though its not night yet. because of my computer leds and my lamp
dryness is minized...i would say on a scale of 1-10 my dryness is at around 6.
still hard to focus...and feels like one eye is better then the other...

thats about it
-day 7
-joey l
joeyl

Postby It's Just Me » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 am

Thank you for journaling your experience!
It's Just Me

Postby Rock » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:11 am

Stay positive Joeyl. Things will get better for you. Have you spoke to your doctor about these problems?
Rock

Postby joeyl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 am

thank you everyone

no i havent, since my appointment isnt until this thursday morning which is 2 days from now...ill sure to let him know, ill keep everyone updated.

btw i still have those red marks on my eyes...doesnt look good, i look like a druggy =(. i hope that clears away soon...

-day 7
-joey l
ps: day has passed and everything is still the same but my eyes are a little more dry then before.
joeyl

Postby -RanZ- » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:16 am

my eyes were blood shot until a few days ago... lasted about 2 weeks before it cleared up
-RanZ-

Been There

Postby jayemright » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Hello,
Your experience sounds pretty similar to mine, and pretty similar to most I have read on this and other forums. I am one month post op and am just beginning to see a reduction in halos and starbursts. There is still a long way to go, but everything I have read says it can take 3, even 6 months to subside. It is a bit disconcerting, though, because people considering LASIK are left with the impression that these are rare complications, so when you have them you think " oh crap, I'm in that 2% that get complications" when the reality is that MOST people have this. It sounds like such a minor procedure that you can be up living your normal life in a day or two. Not the case for the majority of people. The good news is, that when all is said and done, these symptoms are supposed to go away. At least that's what I hear (and am beginning to see) Sure does get a bit scary, though, doesn't it? Good luck-I am confident things will improve with time.
jayemright

Postby joeyl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:55 am

yah, but its hard to believe that when things are getting better but just staying the same everyday...

well its day 8 and i went to the doctors this morning, i actually slept in and was 30 minutes late but they didnt mind luckily.
i wasnt too excited because i know what the doctor was going to say about everyone. unfortunately i believe all doctors say the same thing...

i walked to the doctors office, and she started to test my eyes...i could see the 20/20 line but it was feint and blurry...she told me both my eyes are 20/20 but i told her about my condition

and then the stuff i knew she was going to say
she said "all of this is normal, your eyes are healing, give it about 1 month, its because your cornea is still swollen, everything is coming along fine and of course give it another month"

these are all the same thing everyone else was told too and it ended up with everyone having these problems for so long...
im still hoping that things will get better, hope with everything i got...

my eyes still see halos starbusts, glare, high contrast and a little ghosting on the right eye.

dryness level is around 5.5-6.0 still because of when i was on the computer or watching a movie.

thats about it for today...

-day 8
-joey l
joeyl

Postby joeyl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

well its the morning of day 9 since the procedure...
every morning i wake up i look at my curtains hopefully not being able to see that glare and streak of white like across the crack of my curtain.
but its all the same still...i sit up and look at my poster
the words "the beatles abbey road" close my eyes left and right to see if either eye got better...but it still seems the same to me...

hmm so the sum it up all the effects are still there...
but i guess the only improvement so far is that my eyes do not feel like it is so dry.

i dont know if this helps but if you have problem which dry eyes in the morning...
try taking thera tears at NIGHT 4 pills instead of the morning. and put refresh endure in your eyes
it certainly helped, as when i didnt do that i would wake up with really dry eyes...im not saying it will work on everyone but it worked on me...

another method i found useful to keep the dryness from kicking your ass, is try using refresh plus 1 drop per eye, immediately after drop refresh ENDURE 1 drop per eye...i find this very effective. the cool wetness feeling stays longer...or vise versa by using endure first...

thats all my findings for today

-day 9
-joey l
[/b]
joeyl

Postby -RanZ- » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:42 pm

have you tried genteal gel at night? That stuff is great! I'm at 3 weeks and my dryness has pretty much stopped. I use genteal gel at night and occasionally I use systane or refresh celluvisc during the day but I hardly need it anymore. I am also on restasis and taking fish oil every morning so those 2 probably help a lot with dry eye also.
-RanZ-

Next

Return to Just Had It