Epithelium Defect, DLK, Road to recovery

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

Epithelium Defect, DLK, Road to recovery

Postby Ryan D » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

I under went lasik to correct my farsightedness 2 weeks ago. It has been a rough road since.

I awoke the night of surgery and had a sharp pain in my left eye. It was confirmed the next morning that I had somehow formed a large 8.5 mm epi defect.

I have been talking to another board member on another post about my experience. So if anyone who is in my shoes wants to see what to expect, go to the following link.

http://www.usaeyes.org/ask-lasik-expert/viewtopic.php?t=2014

I am finally on the road to recovery and things seem a little better each day.

Ryan
Ryan D

Postby Ryan D » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Update,

My eye seems to be getting better by the day. I was reading 20/30 plus on Monday, March 30, but it was not clear crisp vision. there was still a lot of blur and fuzziness.

It is now Wednesday, April 1, just shy of the three week lasik anniversary.
And it has been less than a week since my Epi Defect has closed. But everyday i can see a little better. In low light conditions my vision is its best.

I still struggle with the computer because of the glare, but my dominate right eye helps tremendously.

When I use drops in my eye, everything becomes clear and crisp for a brief second, and I would assume that this is a good sign of things to come.

My doc says the drops fill the unevenness in my Epithelium and keeps light from distorting things.

So one would assume that once the epithelium smoothes over thickens and settles, vision will be restored. Lets hope so, as this has really lifted my spirits.

Ryan
Ryan D

Return to Just Had It