ilasik 4/24/09

Research your concerns in this forum or post your questions if you have had Lasik, IntraLasik, PRK, LASEK, Epi-Lasik, RLE, or P-IOL within the past three months.

ilasik 4/24/09

Postby eclipse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Just had ilasik performed firday morning 4/24/09, procedure went good took less than 20 mintues from entering the room to leaving it. I could already make out words and pictures walking out that were a total blur walking in.

heres my prescription, I have myopia and astigmatism

Right eye -5.75 -1.75 x090
Left eye -5.00 -1.75 x080

Right this moment its been 24 hours since my ilasik procedure and truthfully I feel like I am seeing as good as I did with my contact/glasses right now. I actually felt I could see this good about 6 hours after the surgery.

I have been following all post op care instructions vigorously, and have not really experianced any discomfort in my eyes or dryness what so ever, (never did have any problem wearing contacts, never could feel them, also never had any probelm with dry eyes before procedure)

Bout to go to the doctor for a follow up see how the flap is healing,

I dont want to speak to soon as I know the healing process takes a while but as of right know I feel like the ilasik was a full sucess and at this moment with the vision quality I am getting I am greatly satisfied and impressed with it, its also been a real big self esteem booster.

I will post later with some follow ups.
eclipse

Postby eclipse » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:27 pm

first follow up about 25-26 hours after surgery, everything looked good
right eye 20/25 (same as I saw with contacts/glasses) left eye 20/20,

today - (72 hours since the procedure) still seeing clear and good, no real eye discomfort or dryness, just following the drops and recomendations of doctor.

Night Driving, I do have starburst, not enough to really bother me (I am use to starburst as I saw em all the time when I was in contacts/glasses) I can see how though if someone was not use to them how it could bother them.

So this far along everything still good. upate later on
eclipse

Postby eclipse » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

3 day follow up with doctor. all looks good

right eye 20/20
left eye 20/20 (very clear believe could be 20/15 but they didnt test pass 20/20)
eclipse

Postby Mark20 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Congratulations on getting through the surgery and your results.
Mark20

Postby eclipse » Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 pm

well tomorrow friday 5/15/09 will be 3 weeks since my ilasik procedure, and as of now i am pretty much how i was before the procedure, I see 20/20 in both eyes, minimum starbust like i had before so pretty much back to normal for me, and just using drops before bed and when i wake up to avoid any dry issues, but dont really find myself needing them just do it to keep my eyes healthy. so yep ilasik was worth every bit, hardest part was wearing my glasses the few weeks before my procedure.

hope anybody that is considering ilasik or lasik to really look into it and know the possible side effects but to weigh them against the use of contacts and glasses, and hope you decide to go with it, it really is worth it and quite amazing.

to any one who has any discomfort or complications i hope that those problems resolve soon and I will keep you in prayer.

I wanna give thanks to lasikexpert and the website community for all the information that you have provided that helped me make my decision to have ilasik, it really has been life changing for me.
eclipse

Return to Just Had It